United Family Medicine is an independent, non-profit clinic that provides patients with primary health care, physician training, health promotion and outreach services. For more than 70 years, they strive to help the medically uninsured, underinsured and underserved residents of Saint Paul, Minnesota, though they accept patients with all income levels. Their healthy community is built not only on quality medical care and services but also on the vibrancy and commitment to future generations.
United Family Medicine was opened in in 1993. It is certified with the State of Minnesota as a certified Patient Centered Medical Home.
The clinic strives to promote healthy lifestyles and preventative care to residents who have traditionally lacked access to proper medical care. They are happy to service these patients regardless of their ability to pay for the services.
The clinic is the home of the United Family Medicine Residency Program, where future medical specialists can get training from experienced and licensed doctors.
Their mission sounds as “Excellence in delivering healthcare for all; training the providers of tomorrow”. The vision is “A healthy, vibrant and thriving community”. Their values include Trust and Integrity, Connections, Community, and Responsiveness.
The partners of United Family Medicine are American Cancer Society, Catholic Charities, Children’s Hospital, Healthcare for the Homeless, Partners for Violence Prevention, Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota, Salvation Army, and other organizations.
This health community offers a wide range of medical services:
- Primary care for everyone;
- Adult physical examinations;
- Pediatric care, including well-child examinations, immunizations, developmental screening and camp and school physicals;
- Gynecological and obstetric care, including prenatal care, delivery and on-site ultrasound;
- 24/7 on-call physician services;
- Same-day appointments for children and adults who need urgent medical help;
- Integrated Behavioral Health Consultants who collaborate with patients on their health goals;
- Geriatric and nursing home services;
- Dental services for children and adults;
- Treatment of chronic pain issues;
- Pediatric lead screening;
- Immunization monitoring;
- Cervical cancer screening;
- Prostate cancer screening;
- Referrals for mammography;
- Screening for tobacco use and smoking cessation;
- On-site lab and x-ray facilities;
- Mental health assessment and counseling;
- Specialty Mental Health therapy;
- Community support (patient listening groups and community health events);
- Chronic disease management;
- Satellite clinics at Sibley Plaza and in downtown, Lowertown;
- Pharmacy services;
- Translator and interpreter services;
- Admittance to and care at United and Children’s Hospitals in Saint Paul.
Their website has a separate section which lists all the specialists working at United Family Medicine. These are doctors, dentist, mental health providers, physicians’ assistants, nurse practitioners & resident physicians. You can see some of them below:
Patients can make an appointment by visiting the clonic directly or calling at the phones specified in the Contact Us section. The clinic also offers language assistance.
You can even have a same-day appointment if you have an illness or injury that needs immediate medical help.
You will need to bring the following documents to each clinic visit:
- Health insurance card;
- Photo ID;
- A list of the medications you are currently taking.
United Family Medicine is not a free clinic. However, they accept health insurances like Medicaid, Medicare, and over 400 other insurances. If you are not covered by insurance, you will still have the opportunity to discuss with the clinic fee scale, payment arrangements, and opportunities for reducing the cost before an appointment is made.
Location & Hours
The main United Family Medicine clinic is located in the Peter J. King Family Health Center: 1026 West Seventh Street, Saint Paul, MN 55102.
Sibley Plaza Clinic is located at 2423 West 7th Street, Saint Paul, MN 55116.
8 am – 8 pm, Monday – Thursday
8 am – 5 pm, Friday
8 am – noon, Saturday