Every clinic is the USA contains the following specialists:
- general practitioner is a multidisciplinary specialist who can diagnose and independently cure most common diseases if they are not complicated. As a rule, this is a therapist or pediatrician who has been trained in the specialty “family medicine” with the appropriate certificate.
- endocrinologist is a doctor who deals with the identification, treatment, and prevention of endocrine system pathologies. If necessary, the endocrinologist corrects disorders of the endocrine glands, namely: suppresses, stimulates or replaces the production of hormones, as well as biologically active substances that affect the basic body functions. An endocrinologist treats diseases of the thyroid gland (diffuse goiter, hypothyroidism, thyroiditis, etc.) and parathyroid glands; overweight, obesity and metabolic syndrome (in conjunction with a nutritionist); age-related androgen deficiency in men (together with urologists); acromegaly; hyperprolactinemia; hyperandrogenism syndrome in women (together with gynecologists); diabetes insipidus; adrenal disease.
- dermatologist studies skin structure and functions and its appendages, engaged in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with dermatological diseases. He is involved in epidemiological measures to disinfect foci of infectious skin diseases. A dermatologist deals not only with skin diseases, but also treats infections, hereditary diseases, autoimmune pathologies, and tumor processes. He conducts preventive examinations and medical, treats acne in adolescents, determines skin type and gives recommendations for caring for it. Therefore, the doctor most often contacts with pediatricians, cosmetologists, infectious disease specialists and epidemiologists, immunologists, allergists, rheumatologists, oncologists, endocrinologists, and geneticists.
- cardiologist treats various diseases: heart disease, arterial hypertension, heart rhythm disturbance, and others. Doctors of this specification most often diagnose and treat the following diseases: heart disease (acquired during life or hereditary); coronary heart disease; heart failure caused by various causes; angina pectoris, which develops on a background of insufficient blood supply to the heart; damage to the vessels and cardiac muscles that arose on the background of inflammation of one or another of its parts (carditis); arrhythmias, among which: bradycardia, tachycardia, partial heart block; aneurysms of the aorta and other arteries; heart attacks; thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
- gynecologist is engaged in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the female genital organs, taking into account the woman’s age and her individual characteristics. A gynecologist monitors the health, development of girls in childhood and adolescence. Later, e/she assesses the state of the female body, reproductive and sexual function, participates in family planning, solves contraception problems. Together with the obstetrician, this specialist is responsible for the prenatal condition of every woman, conducts screening tests, identifies sexually transmitted diseases, and reproductive dysfunctions.
- proctologist is a specialist who is engaged in those diseases associated with the anus and rectum. These diseases include various viruses and infections, as well as the effects of injuries. At the same time, the proctologist also deals with such a problem as the treatment of hemorrhoids, as well as polyps, colorectal tumors, and anal fissures. Depending on disease complexity, the doctor prescribes a different course of treatment, as well as medications’ intake.
- urologist deals with diseases of the genitourinary system and reproductive health. He specializes in diseases of the bladder and urinary tract, kidneys and prostate. A urologist treats cystitis, urolithiasis, stress urinary incontinence, phimosis, balanitis, urolithic, pyelonephritis, many inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system.
- andrologist is a doctor who treats diseases of male reproductive organs. These diseases are often associated with hormonal disbalance, erectile dysfunction, infertility. Andrologist treats prostatitis; BPH; phimosis; varicocele; infectious or non-infectious urethritis; benign tumor or cancer; epispadias; hypospadias; transsexualism; impaired libido, ejaculation; orchitis; epididymitis; balanoposthitis; androgenetic alopecia (hair loss); male menopause.